Highlights of Supreme Court Karnataka order
New Delhi, May 17
The SC bench which was convened at “odd hours” to hear the Congress urgent hearing on Karnataka government formation refused to stay the swearing-in of BJP leader B S Yeddyurappa in Karnataka:
Following are the highlights of the Supreme Court Karnataka order
* A bench of Justices A K Sikri, S A Bobde and Ashok Bhushan was specially convened at “odd hours” to hear the petition which challenges the Governor Vajubhai Vala’s communication to Yeddyurappa to be sworn in as CM.
* The bench noted that it is necessary to peruse the letters dated May 15 and May 16 submitted by Yeddyurappa to Governor for claiming stake for government formation.
* It requested Attorney General K K Venugopal, appearing for the Centre and Yeddyurappa to produce these letters on next hearing tomorrow at 10.30 am.
* The court made it clear that its order allowing swearing-in and government formation by the BJP in Karnataka is subject to the outcome of the case before it.
* It also issued notices to the Karnataka government and Yeddyurappa as it was clarified by senior advocate Mukul Rohatgi that he was appearing for three BJP MLAs — Govind M Karjol, C M Udasi and Basavaraj Bommai.