To get the optimal benefits of turmeric water, try this recipe:
- 8 oz filtered water
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
1. Heat the water to just below boiling.
2. Put the turmeric in a mug.
3. Slowly stir in the warm water until thoroughly blended.
4. Add honey if desired to add flavor.
This recipe for turmeric water is a great way to start your day off with a healthy boost. You can also add turmeric to your routine by adding some turmeric to a tasty curry or oven baked dish, and the powder can even be mixed with yogurt to create an invigorating face mask that reduces acne. Regardless of whether it is eaten in a meal or drink as a liquid, turmeric protects the body from bacteria, viruses, inflammation, and radiation. By enjoying the healthy properties of turmeric, you can lower your risk of contracting any serious health problems while also ensuring that you feel healthier, happier, and more energetic throughout the day.
Turmeric is a spice that comes from the dried, powdered roots of the Curcuma longa plant. It is traditionally used as a medicine in ancient Chinese and Indian cultures, and modern research also supports the idea that turmeric has powerful healing properties. Though you can get health benefits just from adding a pinch of turmeric to a meal, you can get even more advantages when you drink it diluted in water every morning.
The health benefits of drinking turmeric water each morning are mostly due to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties. If you drink turmeric water each morning, you will get these results:
- The lipopolysaccharides in turmeric boost the immune system, lowering your risk of getting a cold, flu, or other nasty infection.
- The antibacterial effects of turmeric will also help to speed up your healing process, quickly healing cuts and scrapes.
- Turmeric water stops inflammation from damaging the tissue of joints, so it can prevent or relieve joint pain and arthritis.
- You can greatly lower your cancer risk because turmeric is one of the best ways to prevent tumors caused by radiation exposure.
- Lower the cholesterol levels that lead to cardiovascular disease and strokes.
- Turmeric helps the body to properly process ingested sugars, so it can prevent the high blood sugar spikes associated with diabetes.
- Turmeric increases bile flow, which helps the body to break down dietary fat as soon as it is consumed
- The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric protect the brain from Alzheimer’s disease and other age-related degenerative brain disorders.
- Turmeric has been shown to boost liver function, allowing the body to break down environmental and dietary toxins.
- Turmeric encourages the gallbladder to produce bile and other components that aid the body in digesting food properly.